“Daddy? Can we do some more algebra?” —Cali: The Smartest 6 1/2 year old you’ll ever meet.
“Don’t act like a boobie.” —Carice to Cali
“Now could I have a Twist?” —Carice asking for her Twix candy bar :)
“Hey, that ‘V’ fell down. ” —Carice, after typing a left angle bracket.
Cake for the grandchildren...
- Aunt Steph: Why did you cut such big pieces?
- Gramma Shelly: That's okay, it's all frosting.
“Don’t coffee me!” —Carice telling big sis not to ‘copy’ her!
“Coud you get the sketch tape?” —Carice, (aka… masking tape)
“Who put these imbeetations on my oven??” —Carice: on finding magazine postcard pull-outs on the Play-dou oven.
- Heidi (an 8 year-old neighbor girl): I am going to share my room with the baby, because it won't scream like a three-year-old will.
- Rick: You don't think the baby will scream?
- Heidi: I will just get a bottle, fill it with milk, and shove it in its face.
“The corner of the table hit my front pit.” —Cali running around the kitchen table and getting a bunk in the crook of her elbow.
Rainy School Day
- Mommy: "I'm going to have to drive you to the bus stop."
- Cali: "Drag me?"
- Mommy: "Drive you."
- Cali: I remember going to preschool.
- Daddy: What do you remember?
- Cali: Nothing.
Learning to Spell
- Carice: Daddy, did you know my horsie has a "C" in his name?
- Daddy: What's his name?
- Carice: Hor-C